December 18, 2008

Farewell Music City.......

******WARNING******* This is a long blog packed full of pictures - so you're warned :)

Welp - Myself and 4 other consultants were told on Monday that we were being rolled off the project due to budgetary constraints (which I totally understand and predicted), so today is my last day here in Nashville?!!? As I did for my blog in NJ, I wanted to pay tribute to Nashville as well.


I was fortunate enough to have my Mom visit Halloween weekend in October and we had a BALL!! We had a super fun doing the following: (1) Country Music Hall of Fame (2) Tour of Studio B (which was AWESOME!) (3) Grand Old Opry featuring Little Jimmy Dickens 60th Anniversary with the GOO - Trace Adkins and Brad Paisley (4) Saw the Peking Acrobats on the General Jackson Showboat (5) Country Music Stars Home Tour - by bus not like actually going into their homes - lol (6) Jacks BBQ (7) Trolled the Honky Tonks on Broadway (7) The Loveless Cafe.........Man - after typing all that out it seems we took a week of vacation!?! Here are some pictures of our trip:
Jack (owner of Jacks BBQ) - we just happened to run into him - I have SUCH an intuition!
http://www.jacksbarbque.com/

Mom trying on some shades - whatcha think?

Mom and "Jackson" - super fun!


Opry - good times :)

Trace Adkins, Lil' Jimmy Dickens (in his "flashy") and Brad Paisley

And ya'll didn't know the REAL headliners of the evening!?! It's Yee and HAW! (She's so gonna kill me for putting this online for the world to see - tee hee)

Lastly - the Loveless cafe......it was a 70 degree day, convertible top down and some good eatin' homemade chicken and biscuits! Mmmmmmm
_____________________________________________________________________________________
So now onto a different topic: Chicken Tortilla Soup Thursdays......

All employees at our client site are all a twitter when Thursday comes. Down in the lunchroom, the staff brings in special concoction of Chicken Tortilla Soup. I think there must be some “secret sauce” in this stuff because people go crazy!!! I notice the mood in the office each Thursday mid-morning….people have this silly grin on their faces and they get all giddy….I’m serious – it’s funny!! I swear it should have been a Seinfeld episode……

So here’s a picture of Vanna…..er…..I mean my friend Jaime showcasing the coveted Chicken Tortilla Soup…..

And the end result – a happy Chicken Tortilla Soup eatin’ dude!!


Things I will miss about Nashville:
  • Hanging out with my friend Suzanne and her showing me some cool eats in the Nashville area! (we also went to the Obamarama benefit before the election!! - see pic below)
  • The fact the the Mt. Juliet Panera Bread has Tomato Soup EVERY DAY - Mmmmm
  • Marvina at the Nashville Airport Manchu Wok (where I got my Orange Chicken on every Thursday on the way home - seriously it's the best ever! Who knew?!)
  • Folks I work with (all of 'em)
  • Don the "grandpalike" checkout dude at Hertz - he used to tell me every week "Honey if all customers were as nice as you I'd sure be better off" lol
  • Celebrity sightings
  • The Honky Tonks
  • Chicken Tortilla Soup Thursdays
  • Renee the super nice Delta gate agent......we've had some laughs
  • Gigi's Cupcakes - OMG soooooooo delish!! - http://www.gigiscupcakesusa.com/
  • Samauri Sushi - http://www.yelp.com/biz/samurai-nashville

Things I will NOT miss about Nashville:
  • I honestly can't think of anything???
A few last pictures to wrap up Nashville:

Suzanne and I at "Obamarama" - don't they make a cute couple?

I don't know if you can tell or not - but my t-shirt says "Obamarama" which was cool since that's what the benefit was called - I soooo rock - everyone wanted my shirt - lol


"Get The Heck Outta Here" Dinner at the Opryland Hotel
(j/k) - sorry the waiter cut off your face Jaime...

Thanks Nashville for all the fun times in my short 3 month stint here......Who knows maybe I'll be back again?

Now where will my travels take me? I think I'm heading back to NJ ::singing the "Going back to Cali (Jersey) song::

2 comments:

Swirl Girl said...

I love your Obama-rama shirt... haven't seen one like that around here. I'm jealous of your travels... and I need help on making ipod playlists. All my crap is just all together. It would make sense to group together. Maybe I need ipod therapy.

Swirl Girl said...

oh yeah... this is christa